She Believed She Could, So She Did

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
I've never been one to get overly sentimental at the start of a new year, it's just another day in the calendar, right? 2017 however has been a little different. After the butt-kicking that was 2016, I have made a pact with myself to make 2017 my best year yet. Cliches and sweeping statements aside, there is something deeply satisfying about thinking about the three hundred and sixty five day long blank canvas you have in front of you, and how you can make it the most valuable it can be.

For me, this year will involve finishing the second year of my English Literature degree and (hopefully!) starting my third and final year. University is something that hasn't come naturally to me (more on that another time) but with a lot of work and dedication, by the end of 2016 I finally felt like I was getting somewhere. This is something I want to keep up in 2017, making sure I plan my study time in advance every week and actually get my reading done. Keep an eye out for some posts on how I have managed my time and workload at university.


With the pressures of academic life and the generally dismal income of a student, this year probably won't include much jet setting to hot and glamorous locations. That said, one of my goals is to spend some more time exploring different cities in the UK. I've currently got plans to spend some time in Swansea and I have my eye on Edinburgh too.

After spending over a year in a slump, my fitness has reached an all time low. Going to the gym used to be something I enjoyed, it was my way to release any pent up stress and unwind. After a year of skipping the workouts, my general fitness levels are not too good. While I'm not massively unhappy with the way I look, I miss looking in the mirror and feeling proud. Starting slowly, I want 2017 to be the year I up my fitness levels again. After taking part in a 5k run for charity in September and finding it quite a struggle, I want to be able to complete it again with ease this year. *As I write this is am surrounded by chocolate coin wrappers- oops.

Being a better person, and specifically a better friend, is my most important goal for this year. I spent a lot of the last twelve months working through things, and my best friends were my rocks during the whole time. You don't appreciate how much just being there for someone, even when they haven't asked you to be, can mean until you are in the situation yourself. With that in mind, I want to make a conscious effort to be the best friend I can be this year, to actively take time out of the bubble of my own world to check that my loved ones are okay, regardless of whether they have asked.

Have you set yourself any goals for 2017, or will you be joining me with any of mine? I would love to hear all about how you plan to make 2017 your most valuable year yet in the comments!

Amber  xx


No comments

Post a Comment

© A Little Blogging Space

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig